Track calls your business receives directly from Google AdWords with Delacon’s Supercharged AdWords Call Forwarding.
By utilizing our call tracking solution and our AdWords integration you can now track phone calls made directly from a Google AdWords ad – the caller does not even have to click on your ad in order for you to track the call.
This latest product provides you with an additional layer of call tracking data and gives you an even greater level of call tracking accuracy, helping calculate your campaign CPL and CPA much more effectively.
Delacon’s Supercharged Call Forwarding vs Google Call Extensions
|Call Start and End Time||Yes||Yes|
|Caller State||Yes||Yes (area code only)|
The other key benefit of our solution is you get to keep the same number across your ads or campaigns. Other provider’s solutions may supply a different call tracking number for each impression of the ad or may change it every day. This could lead to your customers having the wrong phone number.
Where do I put my phone number in order for it to be tracked?
Your phone number will need to be entered into the call extensions field when setting up your ad.
How does it work?
If a user performs a search for a keyword that triggers one of your ads which has a phone number in it and they choose to call after seeing the number rather than clicking on the ad, our solution will be able to track that call.
Without this feature, this type of call may have remained untracked, creating inaccuracies in your call tracking data and inaccuracies in how effective your digital advertising is in generating phone calls.
This product is available once you have integrated our call tracking solution with Google AdWords, which can be done through the Delacon portal.
What data is captured?
Our solution captures two types of data – the AdWords data and the call tracking data:
The AdWords data captured when a call is made directly from an ad includes:
- The AdWords campaign the call came from.
- The AdWords keyword the campaign is bidding on.
We are now also able to capture the actual copy of the ad called from and push this data into the Delacon portal.
The Call Tracking Data
Our normal call tracking data is also able to be captured, including:
|Phone number of the caller||IP Address|
|Call Duration||Caller State|
|Caller City||Browser type|
|Device of the caller|
Where is the data available?
The data is available in the Delacon portal and can be pushed into your CRM. Shortly we will also be making the data available in Google DoubleClick.
How do I know if a caller has not clicked on the ad?
There are two ways this can be done:
- You can use different toll free numbers in your call extensions compared to the numbers that appear on the landing page/website. This allows you to see what calls have come through directly from the ad.
- In our report in the Delacon portal, if the ‘conversion types’ column is blank, the call has come through directly from the ad.
The benefits of this new feature
The major benefit of this feature, once you are integrated with our call tracking solution, is that you can track phone calls made from ads directly without having to do anything beyond making sure your ad has a phone number. Previously, you would have been required to specify which phone number belonged to which campaign in order to track the phone calls made directly from that campaign.
Other benefits include:
- Increases call tracking accuracy by capturing calls that are made when a user doesn’t click through to your website. Previously these calls would have gone untracked.
- Helps more accurately calculate cost per lead and helps optimise campaigns more effectively.
- More accurately calculates your campaign CPA by pushing the call tracking data into your CRM.
- Delivers extra value to your business by providing normal call tracking information for these calls including:
- Call duration
- Caller state location
- Device type
- The IVR menu options selected
How you can use this data
The data captured can be used by your company to analyse how the ads are performing, including:
- Do calls straight from an ad have on average a longer or shorter duration compared to calls from users who have clicked through to your website?
- Do ads which have the phone number displayed in them generate more calls?
- Using the DTMF/IVR intercept, what department do calls straight from ads go through to – sales/support/accounts etc.
- What city or state are callers who call directly from ads calling from?
- Which ads or campaigns are driving the highest volume of direct calls?
- Do more sales occur from calls where the user has called in directly from the website